Sunday 21 June 2009

Lucky?

Ten of us got together last night and played poker and I actually won 1st prize one out of the 3 games we played (30€)! If that was not great enough, there was a foosball table there and I got to play for the first time in years. I LOVE foosball. One day I will have a table at home. I used to play several times a week when I lived in Florida, but since I moved over here I am usually busy doing other things. The tables (IF you find one) in European bars are pretty beat up anyways and that takes the wind out of my sails.

We visited some places to rent today but they are ridiculously expensive so that is out of the question. I have always believed it is better to own than to rent, but Doc says we own enough and does not want to get "weighed down" with more responsibilities. Perhaps he is right in some aspects, but I have a hard time giving my money to someone else every month while we pay off their mortgage. Yesterday while drinking a glass with some friends on the café, another friend who happened to be walking by stopped to join us. She was bemoaning her recent breakup with some guy I don't know and complaining about having to try to sell their barge style houseboat. Hmmmmm, houseboat... This is not the first time we looked into buying a houseboat. Years ago we were on the lookout for one but it was prohibitively expensive so after awhile we just gave up on the idea. The price Houseboatowner gave us is do-able so we will see how it goes. I like the idea. I love to be near the water. It is 15 minutes from where we live now parked on the canal with a small group of other houseboats in a green picturesque area that makes for nice walking. Haven't seen the boat yet, but I know the area it is parked. I could live there.

No comments: