Sunday 14 June 2009

Gummy Drop Anyone?


This is what I was doing on Friday and Saturday. My friend Roberta is in her final year of fashion design and she asked me to model for her for the runway show the school had. Roberta's clothes are militaristic and in stark contrast to the other designer I modelled for. I had alot of fun but was quite exhausted all weekend. These are backstage pics off of my camera, which unfortunately did not turn out very good but you get the idea. I have to wait for the professional pics. Long time since I have done any sort of modelling stuff. I am way over the hill for that sort of thing being the ripe age of almost 38 and I am completely flattered that anyone would want me to model for them these days! I love the pink dress as it makes me look positively edible.

Spent today with Doc and Little One eating lunch at a local café, going to the Belgian version of a community garage sale, then we went to a gorgeous park nearby. I should've had my camera for that as the ancient trees and mossy cobblestone walkways looked right out of a storybook. I would not be surprised to see a unicorn crossing our path or perhaps a fairy sitting on a mushroom this afternoon. We did however see some kind of Egyptian ducks (Ouette d'Egypte) with really long legs who were feeding all around us. We squatted down and they came right up to us nibbling at stuff on the ground inches from our feet. They had complete trust in us which was really magic. The Little One was spellbound. Watching with wide eyes she did not even try to pet them as they almost bumped us going by.

No comments: