Tuesday 23 June 2009

Intuition

I skipped my chemo on Monday. I don't think I can go further with my treatments and emailed my doctor to discuss my options. She will call me this week and we will speak further, but I think this will be the end of my chemo as she told me after the last change if it does not work out we will stop it. I am having quite a few side effects that make me feel like a 90 year old woman and I know there is a good chance these side effects will stay with me for life. Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed from chemo cramps and I am too young to hobble around and suffer this back-bone-muscle pain. I did more than half of my chemo and still have many weeks of radiation treatments to do so this ride is not over, but the hard part is finished and I am looking forward to hopefully drinking champagne for my birthday in July. Doc is apprehensive and I understand his worries, but I have weighed out all the pros and cons and I feel good about stopping. My tumor was removed in Feb, so all this treatment is really just a precaution to make sure any stray cancer cells are wiped out. It is only due to the aggressiveness of my tumor that my doctor is taking these extreme treatment measures, otherwise she would have not given me chemo. I think it is important to follow my intuition above all. I let it guide me in all aspects and I find it is almost always right.

1 comment:

~~Silk said...

If it's had that effect on the rest of your body, there's little chance stray cancer cells could resist. Your body knows best.