Thursday 25 June 2009

El cheepo scores again


Cherries got the best of me yesterday. I will make low sugar jam with the rest. They are huge as small prunes and so sweet. On the market I also found some sweaters for 1€ and bought two that I liked. I am wearing the blue one today as it matches my eyes. I try not to buy clothes anymore as I have really too much, but when I see something I like and it is only one or two euros I usually indulge. If it doesn't fit I give it to someone or have alterations done. There is something inside me that does not let me pay alot for clothes. I guess it is due in part to my travels in Thailand where you can find (really well done) copies of virtually any name brand for the cost of a sandwich. I don't care whatsoever about labels and when I find something cute, comfy, sexy in a color that I like and it costs less than a turkey on wheat, that makes my day. I have been accused of being cheap more than a few times and perhaps I am in some viewpoints. We live comfortably and I could easily afford to blow 100€ on an outfit but it would give me nowhere near the pleasure as my 1€ finds. I could use the 99€ difference towards a flight ticket, romantic dinner or a couple bottles of champagne which would give me yet even more smiles per gallon. Does that make me cheap? I think my priorities are just different than the average bear.

No comments: