Friday 17 July 2009

Purple haze

Good news today about the place we have been looking to rent but I will not curse things by talking about it. May have to wait a month or two but it looks like we have the green light! Doc bought a loop machine for his electric guitar and he has been playing with it all day. Jimi riffs going at full volume and many broken strings in his excitement. I'm sure the entire block is over it by now. I cleaned off the rooftop and tended to the flowerpots today for the first time in a long time as I start to have some energy for extra stuff. I drank a big glass of champagne and by the time I was going to freshen up my glass, Doc had polished off the bottle! I will make up for it on my birthday in a couple days. I still feel a little strange from the chemo, but I am starting to feel more and more myself. I spent the day doing a mental inventory of all the BPA, phtalates and other toxic crap we have hanging around. My god we are surrounded by toxic sh*t. Doc and I have discussed it and we have decided to make a real effort to buy only natural products, organic veggies & fruit, and avoid as much as possible plastics and chemicals in general. I ended today by trashing the BPA baby bottle, BPA baby bowls, plates and cups as well as the "no mess" baby markers that she always tries to suck on. Next on the list will be my beloved Teflon skillet which I learned today is linked to breast cancer as well as a few other diseases. I will stay away from a lifetime habit of diet soda, which will be tricky but I count myself lucky to not be addicted to cigarettes. Don't want to give up my trusty fake Crocs as they are too comfy. Will cross that bridge when we come to it...

No comments: