Saturday 25 September 2010

Watercolors

Weekend away with the church. I spent the afternoon in a watercolors workshop headed up by a professor who is a member of the group and a gifted artist. I was an hour late to the class, but somehow I was right on time. I always had no luck with my few sad attempts at watercolors and welcomed any pointers. Ends up you cant use drawing paper to do watercolors on... hmm that might explain a few things. I have not picked up a paintbrush in probably 20 years and I got a good chewing out after convincing him I did not go to art school for not using my God given talent. I think he is right and I am asking God to work with me on this. It may sound dumb, but what can you do with artistic talent? I don't get a high off of showing off my artistic skills and do not see the practical use for it apart from keeping kids entertained with games like I will draw anything difficult really fast and pretty good. When I was a kid, I enjoyed painting and drawing. I guess I need to get back to that when I have some spare time and maybe I will discover something about myself. God help me. Here is my apple.

No comments: