Tuesday 12 October 2010

Lukewarm confessions

Whenever someone asks me how I am doing I will usually say "OK" or if I happen to be in pain I will tell them "I am hurting right now, but it will pass soon" and I will sometimes follow up with "I am not worried about it/It is only temporary because I know Jesus will restore me". I have been saying this and things according to the doctors are getting worse and worse. I have spent the past month trying to start my new treatment and my blood levels are not cooperating. This afternoon I will go to the hospital and they will test me again to see if the levels are acceptable for starting chemo. Last night in my sleep it all hit me. If I want to be healed I must stop saying things that are "lukewarm" or confessing failure. If I say "God is healing me" that is lukewarm, He has healed me! No more giving utterance of aches and pains as this gives the enemy encouragement and discounts the work that God is doing. I woke up several times in the night and each time I only thanked God for healing me, for giving me the keys of His kingdom, for allowing me to be a "son" and joint heir with Jesus Christ. I thanked Him for His Love and His Word. That I am in Him just as He is in me. I thanked Him that I am not coming to the throne to beg as a servant, but as a son through Christ Jesus I can simply ask these things of Him and they shall be done. In His name, I have the authority to operate just as Jesus did back in the day. I had already known these things, but I was allowing things to leave my tongue that are hindering me and keeping me bound. I resolve to end this kind of talk yesterday! I am only speaking the truth from here on out that I AM healed and thank you God for healing me. Our words really can kill in more ways than one.

No comments: