Friday 4 March 2011

Submarine

Dream where I was training for a job on a small submarine. My old boss was there instructing me every step of the way. We were underwater but could breathe without scuba equipment and I watched fish swim by as if they were floating in the air. He was giving me extremely detailed instruction on how to do everything and made it clear that I would not be able to operate the sub without following every instruction. We were parking the sub and preparing for the water to flood in and I knew I would be able to breathe the water without effort. I knew the sub must be flooded completely before we could leave it and go up, but I also knew that each instruction of the boss must be followed in detail for success. This is not the first time I have seen fish swimming in the air in my dreams. They pop up at various times in places like a fish tank with no borders. I can reach around the fish or they can swim around me without getting "wet". Every time I see them in my dreams they bring such a curious joy.

No comments: