Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cancer update

I saw both of my doctors today concerning several things. They had some discouraging news. What started out as a very small irritation and swelling has grown the past month to be what the doctors are 99% sure is a tumor. It has taken over 3/4 of my left breast and some of the skin surrounding in the past month and the doctors said it is way beyond surgery. They will start me on a new chemo on Monday with hopes to control it. They also noticed on my last blood test that my white cell counts are decreasing for unknown reasons. They will biopsy the bone marrow to see if there are cancer cells there. I will have a PET scan and many other tests this week to check for unseen cancers that might be anywhere else in the body. The lymph on the left side of my neck is starting to swell the past few days and my sternum is causing some mild discomfort and I have been very tired. I lost 1 kilo. I weigh 51 which is a bummer because I have been eating very well the past few weeks. Once again I reminded the doctors that God will restore me and I think I will take a picture of their faces next time I say this so everyone can have a good laugh when this goes into remission. Please continue to pray for me and my family during this challenging time. Thank you!

No comments: